Office Lead, English Speaking West Africa - Nigeria
This position will be located Lagos, Nigeria.
The area: Market and Business Development - Africa
Google's Market and Business Development team was created to pursue technology-driven initiatives in Africa that will have a meaningful impact on the continent's development. We're dedicated to developing business and partnerships with a range of organizations as well as driving the localization of Google products to local markets. Presently, these positions are located in the countries of Rwanda, Senegal, Nigeria, Ghana, Uganda and Tanzania.
The role : Office Lead, English Speaking West Africa - Nigeria
As Office Lead, you'll essentially be Google's country leader, representing the company in all of our major business development and partnership opportunities and serving as the voice of the Nigerian user at Google. You're a visionary and a leader with solid technical skills and experience in managing a variety of technical projects. Additionally, you're innovative and business-savvy. You bring a solid understanding of the country's information and technology communications ecosystem, and you'll quickly be able to recruit and manage a team.
* Scout market development opportunities and recommend specific initiatives that correspond with Google's mission, values and capabilities
* Optimize the local infrastructure by leading the company's technology-driven initiatives in Africa that will have a meaningful impact on development on the continent
* Adapt Google services and products to the local market
* Provide superior technical oversight of local Google projects
* Provide a strong communication link to Google's other offices around the world
* BA or BS degree (computer science preferred)
* A thorough understanding of the Nigerian information and technology communications ecosystem, including backbone infrastructure, last-mile access and local content
* Experience working with local telcos, ISPs and mobile operators
* Ability to recruit and manage a world-class team
* Demonstrable technical leadership
* Strong local relationships in the private and public sectors
* Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, and experience with negotiating and partner management
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII), PDF, Word or HTML version of your CV in English to email@example.com
Important: the subject field of your email must include Office Lead, English Speaking West Africa - Nigeria.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.